LEADING THE CHARGE.
INSPIRING THE CHANGE.
Who We Are:
As a collective, we're dedicated to creating a better place for local women facing various hardships. Our mission is to increase the self-sufficiency of women to improve their lives, the lives of their family, and the community as a whole.
What We Do:
Our vibrant group actively engages in volunteering, dynamic learning, and networking events, such as:
- The annual spring Power of the Purse, a fundraising extravaganza where women come together to bid on purses, accessories, spa packages, jewelry, and more. It's an inspiring and fun event open to all women in the community, generating funds to give back and uplift our community.
- Lunch n' Learns and Evening Outs, social events providing opportunities to learn more about the community and build meaningful relationships with your peers.
- A new and exciting opportunity, United We Celebrate, which aims to celebrate childhood milestones while volunteering and advocating for families who are underserved and by leveraging existing resources community resources to do so.
How You Can Get Involved:
We have various committees eagerly awaiting your help, energy, and unique ideas:
- Special Events/Member Relations: Take the lead in organizing our member social events. Help us amplify the message about Women United, expanding our member base, and brainstorming ways to better engage both new and current members.
- Power of the Purse: Join us in planning our annual fundraiser. This event is our biggest, raising funds that are then distributed to community programs dedicated to improving the lives of local women and families.
- United We Celebrate: Assist with identifying community partners and planning quarterly volunteer opportunities to continue to grow relationships between Women United and other organizations that serve women and families.
- Impact: The Impact Committee makes funding recommendations to the Leadership Council upon reviewing funding requests that arise during the annual grant cycle. These requests come from agencies and organizations whose missions align with Women United.
Women United Impact Spotlight: Community Closet
Women United supports United Way of Marathon County's Community Closet. United Way has been providing clothing to the community since 2013 through Rebecca's Closet (children's clothing) and Career Closet (workwear). These projects were led and championed by Women United and Emerging Leaders Affinity Groups, respectively. In an effort to increase access, reduce stigma, and reduce barriers, the Community Closet re-opened in July 2023 for all ages, offering a wider variety of clothing styles and in-person shopping. Learn more here.